Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Rye

Please excuse the lack of posts this past week, I got sick.  Had to take an extra day off after my regular two.
Not fun.

Yesterday I was out longer than I expected so I didn't start any doughs. Got a bunch of new books to read though.  Next week I am going to have to try something new and funky. Maybe I'll just close my eyes and put my finger on the table of contents. Leave it up to chance.  I got a huge bag of whole wheat flour I need to start using.  

Today I am making my usual sourdough with a twist. Grapefruit Stiegl into the final dough. I just gave the dough it's first fold, so it's only a few hours away from baking.

I also made a soaker and a starter for some rye bread.  Going to go to the beer store and find a stout or porter to use in it. Hm. What goes with caraway?

No comments:

Post a Comment